The pictures dont do it justice, it was so beautiful with all the snow. There was a ton of snow, at least a good three feet off the ground. Neither one of us had been snowshoeing before so we thought it would be fun to do something new together. We rented the snowshoes at the college and took off! Its sad because we've lived here for years and neither me or Collin have any snow gear so I had to borrow some snow pants and Collin just wore his winter military gear and I was more than happy to lend dad a beanie :)
We hiked a little over an hour to the same hot spring Collin and I did in the spring and on the way there we saw some leftovers (ew), of course Dad and Collin thought it was cool but I was mostly concerned there was some mountain lion ready to pounce on us for its next meal. We survived.
Isn't my dad awesome? I LOVE it that I have a dad that likes the outdoors and has a sense of adventure (hes also a legit mountain biker)
This is my fav of my dad....he looks like a kid.
Collin brought his big gun and all took a turn shooting it. Check out dad with his hat backwards holding that gun....love it.
There were a coule of creeks that we had to cross which was fun and added a little suspense (at least for me), and once we got to the spring we all took turns shooting Collins gun and munched on granola bars, it was an awesome trip to say the least. Afterwards we hiked back, cleaned up and met back up with Cassie, Jordan and Diane and all went out to dinner for Collins birthday.
Thanks for an awesome weekend you guys!!!





3 comments:
Wow looks like fun! Things like this make me excited to get up there!
I want to do that! (minus the gun and the dead thing)
hey i just gave you an award on my blog! come check it out :)
Post a Comment