October has come and gone! Sad because it means that winter is slowly creeping in, but I am looking forward to this new month! We started the month right by having an awesome date night. Collin and I decided to drive out to his moms house in Hibbard and have date night there! Sounds weird but his mom was at work and we thought it would be fun to switch things up especially for a date night in. While we were dating, we spent countless hours in the basement watching movies, games with his family, making forts, etc etc so it was fun to go back. Wanna see some pics? Growing up Collin and his siblings had this game where you lay out all the blankets in the house, one person lays on them and then they get rolled up inside a million blankets and then try to get out in record time. Actually kinda fun.
OK, I cant recall why I'm wearing PJ's in this pic aside from that fact that Collin bought them for me for Christmas, but I do remember we were in the computer room hanging out with whoever was on the computer and we both dozed off on this tiny twin sized bed. I'm sure we were both uncomfortable trying to squeeze on that tiny bed but when your dating (or engaged), you will cuddle until limbs fall asleep and hands are held until gross and sweaty.
Moving on. We made breakfast for dinner and then brought it down to the basement to watch a movie by the fireplace with hot chocolate. Did I mention that we made pumpkin pancakes for the first time? DELISH! While I was whipping up the batter, Collin was rummaging through the house for food and found Nutella! It went perfect with the pumpkin pancakes. To top it all off, it started snowing! I usually don't like it when it snows but it was perfect. This one is not my picture below, but I found a recipe for a cream cheese syrup to go with it that I'll probably try before November is over. Did I mention that we had a ton of batter left over? The next day I made the rest and just froze them, something I didn't know you could do until my mother in-law informed me.
We also started a new tradition for Thanksgiving! I made a "thankful jar" with a recycled glass jar from work and some cheap stickers from the craft store. Here's what you, each day write down something you are thankful for, drop it in the jar, and on Thanksgiving read them together as a couple or a family! I thought of this when I saw a lot of people doing this on FB but thought it would be fun to save and read them all for a Thanksgiving activity. Wanna hear the sad part? Immediately after taking this picture, I dropped the jar on the ground which shattered into a million pieces. I didn't have another big jar so I had to redo it in a mason jar which still looks fine but I'm sad that I lost my big jar that I was saving for so long :(
and I framed a free printable I found online!
I'm excited for this years Thanksgiving. We are not having it at home, nor are we traveling to California. Instead, we are meeting my family half way in Park City Utah! More details to come. I can't wait.








No comments:
Post a Comment