Sunday, November 9, 2008

Things I wanna do

This is a list mostly just for me. If I write it down on a piece of paper, I will forget or lose it. Since I have become somewhat addicted to this blogging-ness, I am going to make a list of things I wanna do and projects I want to accomplish while Collin is gone at basic training and I am taking suggestions! I need to keep myself busy or I will die of husband withdrawels! He will be gone for 5 1/2 - 6 months. Yeah kind of is a bummer but he gets two weeks off for christmas and I think the longest I will have to go without seeing him is 2 1/2 months, so it could be worse. Ive gone through much worse (those who know me know what Im talking about) compared to that, this should be easy. (Im trying to think positive). He leaves this Tuesday and flys out of the Idaho Falls airport at 12:00 that afternoon. We know that he comes home for christmas but we dont know when... it could be the day before xmas or a week before, so we are hoping for the best. Please, if you guys think of anything that could keep me busy, let me know. Im not looking forward to my time without him!

1. Make a military scrapbook/photo album for Collin.
2. Make a missionary scrapbook. Some moms/family members of missionaries like making scrapbooks out of all the letters and photos their missionary sends home. Well, Collin just has limitless amounts of missionary pics stored on our computer so I think I will make a scrapbook like sorts for his missionary days too.

3. Quilt. Never have quilted before and I wanna learn how. I thought a nice masculine military one would be nice for Collin.
4. Put together a wedding album including an online one to share. I have all my wedding pictures, just need to make a real nice album. I was planning on making one with the help of Natalie when I visit her in Utah.
5. Lose weight and tone up. I got the P90x home fitness tapes. Im started last week and they are EXTREME! I figured that if Collin is going to be pushing his body to the limits every single day for the next 5 or so months, so can I. Plus, I know hes going to come back even more ripped than he is now so it would be nice to look just as good.
6. Continue to work on adding to my workout music playlist.
7. Get a perm, just wavy though. Cant handle the curls.
8. Nonsense blogging.
9. Get and read a new book.
10. Print and frame wedding pictures and family pics of me and Collin.
11. Continue to add new recipes to my cookbook and practice cooking more so I can be a chef when Collin returns!
12. Headboard. Jessica and Keven made one themselves and it looks awesome. Although... it might be kind of fun to make it together when Collin gets back. Not sure yet.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, that would be awesome. Im desperate for killing time and keeping busy. Also, if you guys could keep Collin and all the other armed forces in your prayers that they will be safe and protected it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

The headboard is so easy! You'd be so surprised! We love it! I'll try thinking of stuff to keep you busy...maybe a puppy would be good?! :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

You are smart, I should do my lists on here because I check this more than anything else!
Love all your ideas and you will make it you are one tough cookie and you have lots of love and support up there to keep you busy as well. Love all the ideas too!