This is the backyard of our apartment complex. Its beautiful during the summer.
So far, we have been enjoying our summer immensely. I won't lie though, there has been some stress here and there. Last week, Collin got laid off. I know, lame. Don't get me wrong, I really have and do enjoy Rexburg, but it's not really the land of opportunity here. I wont get into the details but there are a couple good things about this... first, Collin hated that job. He would come home from work and not really complain but simply inform me that he gets more respect at the military then he did at that place. Collin is also starting school again this September so between that and his military obligations, it probably wouldn't have lasted that long anyway.
Speaking of jobs, I interviewed for a small little second part time job that will hopefully make up for my slowly dimishing hours at my other job. You ask where this new job is? Why Great Harvest Bread Company of course! Who doesn't want to work in an adorable little bread shop and learn how to make amazing bread? I have my first trial run tomorrow just to see how things go and then I think I just wait for a phone call? I hope it goes it well! Its always a little scary starting at a new place....you have to learn everything all over again, new boss, new co-workers, plus your the only one that doesnt know anything which can be intimidating. Cross your fingers for me!
Aside from that, like I said, we are having a great summer so far! We've gone out and used our grill multiple times, met up with friends, met new ones in our new ward, and stay up super late enjoying the warm summer nights and go on midnight walks.
In other news, I made and mastered Wingers Sticky Fingers! We made quesadillas which were Uh-mazing. I also got a new apron from Anthropology, I wear it almost every time I cook in the kitchen. I have a few of my own aprons that I have sewn in the past and I think I'm going to sew some more this summer.
Collin enjoyed them very much! In church today, we had a member from the high council and his wife talk in sacrament meeting. They both spoke of marriage and family. I loved her talk and she was so funny. She mentioned how we can make our home Heaven on earth so that when we are in Heaven, we will recognize it as our home. She also mentioned that wives should master 10 recipes and if we do, our husbands and families will love us for it. I have about 5 so I should probably kick it up a bit.
Our herb garden that we planted a couple weeks ago is also benefiting from these beautiful summer months! Our green onion is thriving, the oregano is starting to pop up, but I'm still waiting for the cilantro to emerge. Hopefully since the others are doing well, the cilantro will come soon!





2 comments:
Hil, I love your blog and you are so cute! Miss you! Oh, and I LOVE your apron!
Cute apron!!
Post a Comment