Summer is slowly winding down, once September hit the temperature dropped a good 15 degrees, well give or take but I can definitely tell its getting cooler so we have been trying to squeeze a lot of last minute summer fun in before Collin starts school. Last month, a couple in our ward who lives in the apartment complex next to us rented some segways for their anniversary and were so kind to share them with us and a good half of the ward before returning them the next day. On a side note, it was kinda late at night (reason why Im sporting some glasses and jammies).
These two guys cruised over to Taco Bell and got a late night snack
In other exciting news, drum roll please..... my family is getting bigger.....
My brother Bryce has moved up here and going to be attending BYU-Idaho! (haha, did I trick you?) I have been waiting for the day that some of my family would migrate up here! Bryce made the long trek from California to our place two nights ago. We went grocery shopping (his first time ever on his own which was an adventure) figured out some of his classes and had him over for a big Idaho potato dinner to celebrate. Last night we decided to go out to the sand dunes for a bonfire with my sister Cassie and her husband Jordan... what a night! In search of a good secluded spot, Indiana Jones style... we almost got stuck a couple times, nearly got attacked by a crazy hawk with a death wish, and had cops following us wherever we went (yeah, there is actually a "campfire law" here". Luckily by 10:30 that night we were able to roast some smores and have a few laughs. Welcome to Idaho Bryce!
Like I said, school is about to start for Collin again. I'll be honest, I am kinda dreading it. The farther Collin gets along in school, the harder the classes get. Math and a lot of Chem classes which means a lot of his time will go into studying and late nights spent at the library. To keep myself positive (and Collin motivated) I made a back to school little kit thing for him. Now just a warning... this is how things roll in the Hanson home, real cutesy cutesy-ish. So if your not down with that, I won't be offended if you close this and check out someone else' blog :) Oh and for some strange reason this is the only picture that came out sideways when I uploaded it on my blog, but here it is!
Collin really liked it and I thought it would also be a good idea if you have kids in school and could come up with some rewards little ones would like :) Also, for those in Rexburg, I teach an indoor cycling class mondays and wednesday mornings if you want to join us! So good luck to all your scholars out there, in the words of Mrs. Doubtfire "go pump some neurons!"









No comments:
Post a Comment