Saturday, December 6, 2008

My husband kicks butt!




Just an update, my husband is awesome. Besides that, I got a letter from Collin today, he is in the top 3 in his unit! Every week they do pt (physical training) which includes how many pushups and situps they can do each in a minute and how fast their 2 minute mile is. Luckily, God gave Collin some long legs to lengthen his stride! If he continues to do well, they will cut his basic training time down by 2-3 weeks and send him straight to advanced training...meaning he would come home early! So I'm crossing my fingers! He said its really not as hard as he thought it would be and that for the most part he enjoys the challenge. They also had to do a 3 mile march with all the calvier gear which is about an extra 70 pounds. He said its hard but he tries to keep in mind that hes getting paid to work out and build more muscle, oh and have drill sgts yell at him. Im so proud of him though! Here's one of the stories he sent me. I guess at night, when lights are out, you cant be up talking, reading letters, anything. So sometimes the drill sgts will come in dressed in black with their faces painted to try and catch guys up or steal their rifles and then get them in trouble for "losing" them the next day. Well Collin said that he was not yet asleep but just laying there with his eyes closed waiting to doze off with his rifle close at hand... "I had this overwhelming feeling that someone was watching me, so I turned over to find some drill sgts huge painted black face about an inch from mine. It scared the crap out of me! Luckily I contained my urge to gasp or flinch and just quietly turned over grasping my rifle as tight as I could so they couldn't pry it from my sleep deprived fingers. A couple nights before, they did the same thing to some others here, one guy screamed when he woke up to a drill sgt in his face, he wasnt so lucky. He was put on nightwatch(security) for two hours that night for "failing to react properly", poor guy". So I'm happy to report that he is doing very well and adapting to the new life style there on base! I cant wait till he comes home!

3 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well. I know he wants to see you as soon as he can so he has GREAT motivation to do well! We are proud of him! He is a great man following his dreams and taking good care of his little family!

Chrissie said...

Uggh...that sounds so scary. I'm glad Collin's such a tough guy!

KJ and Michelle said...

HEY! Im glad you found me on here...! Yeah, we are still in Rexburg.We should get together sometime, I didn't know that your husband was gone...Thats really cool that he is doing so well. Maybe we can do a girls night or something?