Sunday, January 18, 2009

A good year

We had a great year in 2008, it was a big year for us and experienced quite a lot, what did we do?

Janurary:
1. Celebrated the new year together with some of our friends in Idaho Falls.
2. We got a letter from the First Presidency just days before President Hinkley passed away, stating that my previous sealing had indeed been cancelled and that Collin and I could be sealed for time and eternity in the temple! This was by far the best news that we have ever recieved.

Feburary:
1.Celebrated Valentines day together with a romantic candlelit dinner at Collins place and continued to make arrangements for our upcoming wedding!
2. We attended the Rexburg Idaho Temple dedication and also got tickets to the temple celebration later that month! It was so cool!

March:
Collin and I celebrated both our birthdays this month! He is only 2 weeks older than I am. We both turned 22 and both had a small party each with all of our friends.

April:
We found & bought our first apartment together that we would eventually call our home! I moved into the apartment about 2months before the wedding since the new semester was just about to begin.

May:
1. A very very happy and special month for us...we got married! It was such a relief to put the stress of "arizona" and wedding plans behind us! We spent that weekend in Idaho Falls and Collin moved into the apartment with me!
June:
1. Our first month together as newlyweds. We started decorating and organzing things into the apartment and just spending time together!

July:
1. We celebrated our first 4th of July as a married couple! We went down to Idaho Falls and meet up with a bunch of friends. We got a great spot by the river and right across from the temple. We were there ALL day just hanging out, playing cards, bbq and of course, a spectacular firework show!
2. I chopped a good 5inches off my hair and started sporting a shorter du! We also went camping later on that month with another married couple who we got to know through the National Guard. August:
1. Collin bought us a nice 47in. flat screen tv. It is by far the most expensive thing we own (which still isnt that much!) so we enjoyed cuddling and watching alot of movies together!
2. Since our apartment didn't allow us to have any pets, we and got some fish and a tank. They died a month later, good thing we didnt get too attached to them.
3. We took some family pictures of just the two of us. We found a great photographer here in town and took some pictures of us in our army attire! September:
1.Collin suprised me with a romantic getaway for our 4th month anniversary at the American Inn. It was themed and super corny but we loved it!
2. We got a new little black kitty that we hid inside our apartment since we got bored with our fish.

October:
1. Our first married Halloween together! We went to someo different halloween parties and started getting better at having family home evenings every Monday night this month. For Halloween, we threw a Halloween/going away party for Collin since he was leaving in just two weeks for his basic training! November:
1. This was a bittersweet month for us. Collin left to start his bootcamp training and flew to South Carolina where he would be for the next 10 weeks.He was very anxious to start basic and of course I was super proud of him but parting at the airport was a challenge!
2. About 2 weeks after Collin left, I visted with Natalie and David for the weekend and then flew down to California to stay with my family until Collin came home for Christmas break. I had alot of moral support there and had great time visiting my family and developing stronger bonds with my siblings.
3.I also made thee biggest hair mistake and got a perm thinking it would look cute. Not! It turned out to be a little more curlier than expected. Ive been straightening my hair every since.December:
1. Celebrated our first married Christmas together! This was the first time Collin got to come home since he left for his National Guard training in November. We spent alot of time with his family and enjoyed the snowy winter together!
2. Collin and I drove down to Pocatello and stayed at the Black Swan Inn a few days after Collin came back home. It was another themed hotel, but this time we went medieval style...complete with a balcony, castle and heart-shaped tub. All completly free thanks to rexburgs local radio station!

Hope everyone had a good year and having fun beginning a new one!

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I totally want to do this post becuse it is such good journal keeping but I do not think I can think back that far to what we did this year. ????? Yeah I have no idea. I will do a better job this year at remembering the moments so I can do this post next year.
Your year seriously sounded AMAZING and like one of the best years of your life!!! I am so happy for how everything has turned out for you! You so deserve to be as happy as you are that is for sure!

Sabrina and Matt said...

What a fun year for you! Marriage is the best!! And it's only going to get better and better!!

Oh and (side note)I love your wedding pictures!