Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love letters

Last Sunday I was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I don't watch it regularly usually because I forgot that its on every Sunday but I really like it. Its a good family show, especially for Sundays. This episode was about this guy who was serving in the Army in Iraq and when he came home, his house had been destroyed by a tornado leaving him, his wife and I think 3 children without a house of their own. So Ty and his team come in and build this amazing house for them and they always do an awesome job decorating. This was something that they made for the couple. They gathered all the letters he had written to his wife while he was away and put them into a picture frame. I thought it was such a cute idea, so I went out and copied the same thing. I got the frame from the dollar store for $4.99, printed a picture of the two of us for $2 and gathered some of collins olds letters he has sent to me from bootcamp (I took out the actual letters and just used the envelopes). I haven't found a place to hang it yet but here's the finished product only costing just a little over $7! Which reminds me, I get to see him in 7 days!

5 comments:

Jeff and Kira said...

Oh wow that is absolutely ADORABLE! What a great idea! And that is a really awesome show! Yay for getting to see Collin in a week! I don't know how you survive! You are such a strong woman! What an inspiration! :)

Katie Lane said...

way way cute. You are a crafty girl! And yay for seeing Collin in a week!

Auntmary said...

Hey you! I just went to an enrichment meeting last night about "righteous traditions" and one young sister (about your age) talked about her family blog and of course, I thought of you! I checked out your new post. This is a really cute idea!
I checked out your whole blog and was really excited to see that you want to visit Uncle and Aunt Manzer, hope it was us! we would love to see you and meet that great husband of yours!
Love you! P.S. your new haircut looks great!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok that is SO SUPER CUTE!!!!

Courtney said...

That is adorable! I'm so glad you get to see your husband soon!!! That must have been so hard!